How To - Introduction
IntroductionAfter decades in car-care, Mothers® knows best when it comes to preserving your vehicle’s showroom finish. Not only do we bring you a comprehensive range of car cleaning equipment and products, but in this guide we will provide our expert advice in easy-to-follow excerpts to help you achieve the best results. We’ve pulled our chemists in from lunch, taken away our mechanics’ tools, and turned down our gearheads’ music so they could all come together to give you industry tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your car wash products.
Nobody understands the passion and love that drives a motor enthusiast like we do. The painstaking decision-making process behind finding just the right product for each job. The elbow grease, the time taken with each project—paint, interior, wheels and rims. Perfecting your technique so Mothers® Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax goes on just right, and your car looks like you just drove it off the showroom floor. We get it. And we made this guide to take the guesswork out of your car-care routine so that you can focus on the important stuff. What we hope to accomplish is a renewed love for caring for your vehicle and reduced time spent on getting great looking results.
ApproachThe best way to go about how to detail your vehicle is to have a clearly laid out plan. When you consider everything that must be done to complete a thorough detailing job it can often be overwhelming. Starting with a good plan works around this. It helps you to determine ahead of time exactly what cleaning products and tools you will need, and also gives you an idea of how much time will be spent on each task. Below we’ve broken down some steps for you to use as a reference:
- Evaluate each part of your vehicle: tyres, wheels, trim, paint, interior. These can each be considered as a stand-alone task. Note: Your vehicle’s interior is further divided into sections¬—carpet, upholstery, dashboard, and headliner
- Now that you have broken down one big job into many smaller tasks, you can decide which tools and products you will be using for each.
- Allocate a time period that will be spent on each task.
- Choose a location where the detailing will be done. You will want to work in a shady, well ventilated and spacious area with access to power points (for the vacuum, buffer, and of course some awesome music too)
- The general rule of car care: Start with tyres and wheels, and spot removal if needed. Then work your way from inside out and top to bottom.
With this basic plan you will be able to approach your car cleaning routine with confidence.